Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Boot Progress

Last week I spent a considerable amount of time preparing my file to be plasma cut on the CNC plasma cutter in architecture, but on Thursday I was informed that that was not going to be an option due to an increased volume of architecture students using the machine. Although understandable, this put be a little behind where I was hoping to be going into the weekend. So this weekend I attempted to make up some lost time. I was able to plasma cut thicker steel to function as the soles of the boots, and I spent a good deal of time manually cutting out the rest of the pattern pieces. After cutting them out of either 16 gauge, or 22 gauge steel (dependent on the role of the piece, more structural components are 16 gauge while decorative aspects I cut from the 22 gauge) I clamped together the appropriate template parts and ground them to be identical, this should effectively mean that the 2 boots will be as similar as possible, in both shape and size. After grinding the pieces I began marking them so I have a clear reference for where to bend the steel in order to match the original boots.
This shows all of the template pieces cut and ready for assembly 


No comments:

Post a Comment