Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Flat to Full proposal


  1. For this project, my theme that I would like to have is self love. I find it very important for a person to love themselves because without self love you develop self hate. Self hate meaning, someone who hate who they are as a person, rather it's their skin, their sexuality, how they look, or how they were just brought up. Self hate can lead to depression which is part of mental illness, an even bigger problem. Self love is very important because in my opinion, once you develop self love or love for yourself, you'll know your worth. You won't settle for anything less and hopefully find someone that loves you just as equally or sometimes even greater. I was thinking of creating either a torso or my a whole figure. The object was to look as tho they are hugging themselves to show self love.
  2. I wanted the object to have removable parts. When all the parts are removed I wanted the "Skelton" to just be left. The Skelton part was going to be made out of steel rods. The removable parts were going to be made out of a lighter material, therefore it is easy to remove. 
  3. As of now, I believe that I would use more of the 1/2" steel for the bones or the Skelton. I think I think I would use the 1/4" steel for little parts of the project.
  4. People are too hard on themselves without even knowing it. When people strive to become the best, the are putting themselves at risk for several different kind of illnesses."Most of the time, when we're being too hard on ourselves, we do it because we're driven by a desire to excel and do everything right, all the time."  Studies have shown that people who are perfectionist, are at higher risk of a mental illness and even a physical illness. 
  5. Other materials I thought about using besides steel are foam to create the outside layer of the piece, and the other material I thought about was plaster. I wanted foam because it is a lighter material so it is easy to remove, in this case that is very helpful. The other material was plaster because I wanted it to look like the actual form and I think plaster would really help me accomplish this.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321309.php#2

No comments:

Post a Comment